Welcome to the guide on how to set up and use SeeTrue SMA 22 demo. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The whole solution consists of three parts:
- The Nreal AR headset,
- The AR controller mobile phone, and
- The SeeTrue server mobile phone
The Nreal AR solution does not allow streaming of the content of the screen in real time out of the system. Therefore, when demonstrating the system to others, make sure the following steps are followed to ensure proper functioning of the system.
User guide – read before first use
To run the system, please watch this video first
and then follow these steps:
- Check that both phones are fully charged.
- Check that the two phones are connected using Wi-Fi Direct:
Select the Wi-Fi icon from the phone menu; Press the three dots on the upper left hand corner; Turn Wi-Fi Direct on, and make the connection to the other phone (this can be done fro m either phone after turning Wi-Fi Direct on from both)
- Connect the USB wire marked ST to the server mobile. Confirm any requests to allow USB devices.
- Connect the USB wire marked Nreal to the AR controller mobile.
- Now have the user wear the Nreal AR headset.
- On the ST server mobile, launch the ST server application.
- On the AR controller mobile, launch the Nebula app if it was not auto-launched when connecting the headset USB wire.
- While wearing the AR: within the Nebula app, select the SeeTrue AR tracker application using the “laser pointer”.
Alternatively, sweep up on the screen of the mobile phone and launch the icon.
- Now hand over the Nreal head-set to the user and control the demo from the SeeTrue AR application.
The system is now up and running.
The following steps can be controlled on the user interface on the AR controller mobile. Before handling the device to the test user, make sure the ST demo application is running.
Next, for each user:
- Start by performing a calibration: Press the calibration button, and follow the instructions.
- After performing the calibration, it can be saved. By default, the calibration is given the current timestamp as its filename so that no interaction is necessary.
If you would like to rename the calibration, for example to the user’s name, you can do so using the on-screen keyboard and laser pointer. Select “Save” after finishing this step.
- Note that the calibration is done once-per-user and can be reloaded.
- Now, you are ready to use the demo applications:
- “Validation” lets you run through the validation sequence and estimates the gaze tracking accuracy.
- “Game ” presents three cubes in the AR space in front of you. You can activate each cube by looking at it.
- “Pumpkins” presents a simple game where pumpkins fly at you from all sides. Use your gaze to destroy them before they hit you!
- “Grid easy” and “Grid” present a grid game in two modes where you use your gaze to explode the target squares. “Grid easy” gives less and larger squares, making exploding them easier.
- Pressing “Exit” twice exits the AR application.
- “Gaze cursor” makes the blue gaze cursor appear/disappear.
Performing a calibration
SeeTrue eye tracking includes a permanent (i.e., once per lifetime) calibration feature. When the system starts, a default calibration profile is automatically loaded. This profile may give satisfactory accuracy but we recommend to perform a calibration with a new user as the default profile does not fit all users.
Perform the calibration by clicking on the Recalibrate button. The system will first display instructions and a target in the center of the display, followed by a number of targets across the display. Follow the targets using your eyes, always aiming at the center of the target.
The stability of the calibration can be tested by removing the glasses and putting them back again. The permanent calibration will ensure that the tracking continues accurately.